Do you like to enjoy a shot of tequila now and then? If so, you’re in luck – because this popular liquor has some impressive health benefits!
Tequila is made from the agave plant, which is native to Mexico. It’s a type of mezcal and is usually consumed straight or mixed with other liquors.
So, What are the health benefits of Tequila? The key health benefits of Tequila include: controlling blood sugar and weight, helping in digestion, and drug transportation to the colon.
List Of Benefits Of A Tequila Shot In A Day
Research has shown that moderate consumption of tequila is safe and may even be beneficial to health. As with any alcoholic beverage, it is important to drink in moderation and ensure that you are only consuming products made from 100% agave tequila.
- Controls blood sugar and weight because it delays the gastric emptying.
- The anti-inflammatory compounds found in tequila may help to reduce pain from arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Good for your heart health due to its antioxidant content as well as the chemical compound called Agavina, which helps lower bad cholesterol levels and increase healthy HDL cholesterol levels.
- Boosts your immune system because of the antioxidants present in it.
- Reduces stress because it is a natural sedative.
- Regulates blood pressure due to its vasodilatory properties.
- Prevents cancer because of its high level of antioxidants.
- Aids in digestion because of the probiotic bacteria found in tequila distilleries that can help improve gut health.
- Makes your skin look healthier.
- Gives you shiny hair because it is a natural conditioner.
- Helps cure a hangover (duh!) by speeding up the elimination of toxins from the body.
- It helps to absorb alcohol faster and increase urination.
- help to relieve stress and promote relaxation.
- Finally, dehydration is one of the main causes of hangovers, so drinking fluids – including water – will help to alleviate some of the symptoms.
Reasons Why Tequila Is Good For Health
When you think of Tequila or any other cocktail, you may not consider it as a healthy food option. But in comparison to other beverages, this drink has some unique health benefits. Research from the American Chemical Society claims that tequila may help to lower bad cholesterol while increasing good cholesterol.
The agave used in tequila contains fructans, a short-chain polymer of fructose that helps the body absorb alcohol faster.
Tequila also contains health-boosting antioxidants and minerals like magnesium, potassium, zinc, and copper.
Some of the health benefits associated with tequila are due to the presence of probiotics in some brands of liquor. These live bacteria can improve gut health when consumed regularly.
Moderate consumption has been linked with a reduced risk for heart disease as well as cancer.
Research indicates that antioxidant content is higher in tequila than red wine!
It also contains anti-inflammatory compounds, natural sedatives, and has anti-aging properties that give you several health benefits mentioned above.
LEARN MORE: What Agave Is Used For Tequila
So, as you can see, there are many health benefits to drinking tequila in moderation. Drinking two or three shots in a day may not be a bad choice for men. Anf for women one shot a day is a moderate consumption rate. if you do happen to overindulge occasionally, don’t worry – the hangover-fighting properties of tequila can help get you back on track. But having too much tequila or other cocktails may cause long-term risks for anyone.