Many cocktails can be called “perfect” –the Margarita, the Martini, and the Old Fashioned all come to mind. But for our money, the perfect cocktail is the Negroni. This classic Italian drink is simple yet delicious, and it’s easy to make at home.
Negroni is a perfect cocktail because it is so easy to make and tastes delicious. The Gin, vermouth, and Campari are the three ingredients that add to the perfection of Negroni.
The following discussed topics will help you to decide why Negroni is a great drink.
The Negroni’s Origins
The origins of Negroni are still a mystery, but many believe that it was first made in Florence, Italy in the early 1920s. There are many different stories about how the Negroni came to be, but all of them involve Count Negroni. One story says that he asked his bartender to make him a stronger drink than what he usually ordered and so Negroni was born.
Another story says that Negroni went on a trip to London and met another bartender there who taught him how to make the Negroni. Regardless of which story is true, Negroni became very popular in Florence and it soon spread throughout Italy.
LEARN MORE: What Is Perfect Martini?
Reasons Why Negroni Is Considered Perfect
There are many reasons why Negroni is considered perfect. Here are some statistics on Negroni that might help to explain its popularity:
- Negroni has a 95% approval rating on RateBeer.com
- Negroni was included in the World’s 50 Best Cocktails list by Drinks International in 2014
- Negroni was named the best cocktail in the world by The Daily Meal in 2015.
Some key reasons why Negroni is a perfect drink are:
- Negroni is simple to make yet it has a complex flavor profile.
- It’s perfect for any time of day – you can drink it as a morning drink, an afternoon drink, or an evening drink.
- It’s perfect for any occasion – you can drink it at a bar, at home, or even on a plane.
- Negroni is versatile – you can make it with different types of gin, vermouth, and Campari depending on your taste preference.
- Negroni is relatively low in alcohol content so you can drink a few without getting too drunk.
- It’s affordable – you can make a Negroni for as little as $0.50.
- If you’ve never tried a Negroni before, it is highly recommended for you. You won’t be disappointed.
LEARN MORE: What Is A Bruised Martini?
Recipe Of A Perfect Negroni
For making a perfect Negroni you will need:
- Ice cubes, enough to fill a glass (or more, if you want to make several cocktails at once)
- 60 ml gin
- 30 ml Campari
- 30 ml sweet vermouth
Preparation: Pour your chosen quantities of gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth into a cocktail shaker containing the ice cubes. Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds then strain into an old-fashioned glass filled with fresh ice cubes (to chill the drink).
Garnish: For garnishing a slice of orange peel (or lemon) is fine, but as always with the cocktail recipe, do whatever you feel like!
You can make this recipe also at home for a better experience!
LEARN MORE: Creamsicle Martini
Some Popular Variations Of The Negroni That You Can Try
The perfect Negroni is a perfect mixture of its basic ingredients, but there are numerous variations on the classic. Here are some popular ones:
- Negroni Sbagliato – Instead of gin, use prosecco to make this “wrong” Negroni. It may sound bizarre, but it tastes truly delicious!
- Negroni Bianco – Vermouth replaces gin in this perfect Negroni.
- Americano – The perfect Negroni can also be called an Americano, although the two are not the same. An Americano has a little more Campari and sweet vermouth than a perfect Negroni does.
- Negroni Alla Milanese – Replace the gin with Campari and add a dash of vermouth Rosso to this variation for a perfect Negroni that is inspired by Milan.
- Rossini – This variation replaces sweet vermouth with sparkling wine, making it perfect for those who don’t like their cocktails.
These are some of the popular Negroni variations. If you want to know more you can check this link.
Suggestions To Drink A Negroni For The Perfect Experience
Now that you know how to make perfect Negroni, let’s discuss the perfect way of drinking a Negroni. This cocktail is best served in an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes. You can experiment with different garnishes but a twist of orange peel works the best! Moreover, this perfect Negroni also tastes perfect when sipped at a perfect temperature, so don’t forget to keep your drink chilled.
The perfect Negroni is a drink worth trying. It’s perfect for any occasion and sure to impress your guests. So what you need is a perfect guide to make it that this post will provide you with.
Give this a read and let us know what you think!