After making yourself a big batch of pumpkin pie infused vodka you have a few options. The first is to drink it straight out of the jar. The second is to try it in the pumpkin pie martini. Your third option, but by no means your final, is to put that infused vodka to work in this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail that I’m calling a Naughty Pumpkin. I have no doubt that you’ll enjoy whichever option you choose.
I came up with this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail last year as an option for a Thanksgiving cocktail. I never got around to posting it on the blog because I ran out of time before the holiday. That seems to happen to me a lot. Guess it helps me be prepared for the following year.
I also made some brown sugar simple syrup to sweeten up the drink. I went with brown sugar instead of white sugar to go along with the dark rum and Kahlua. It’s made the same as regular simple syrup, the only differences being the sugar used and that I did two parts sugar to one part water.
I enjoyed this pumpkin pie vodka cocktail as a digestif, or after dinner cocktail. Something about the spices and the coffee liqueur made it perfect for ending my day. Although I wouldn’t be opposed to drinking it any other time of the
Naughty Pumpkin Cocktail
A fall cocktail with pumpkin pie infused vodka, dark rum and kahlua
- 2 ounces Pumpkin Pie Infused Vodka
- 1 ounce dark rum
- ½ ounce Kahlua
- 1 barspoon brown sugar simple syrup
- Optional: splash of half and half
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice.
- Stir and strain into a rocks glass. Add ice if desired.
- Optional, top with a splash of half and half before serving.
- To make brown sugar simple syrup:
- Mix 2 parts brown sugar with one part water on stove.
- Stir to combine and boil until thickened.
- Cool before using. Store in the fridge and use as needed.